Post: 4:22 PM ET Dirt
6 Furlongs | Open | 3 Year Olds | ALLOWANCE OPTIONAL CLAIMING: $125,000 | Purse: $134,000 Daily Double / Exacta / Trifecta / Superfecta
- 1 1 ML 15-1 Overtaxed R. Bejarano 118 Lbs R. Moquett L
- 2 2 ML 15-1 Texas Red Hot J. Talamo 118 Lbs R. Morse L
- 3 3 ML 10-1 Ruggs R. Santana, Jr. 118 Lbs R. Moquett L
- 4 4 ML 5-2 Kavod B. Hernandez, Jr. 118 Lbs C. Hartman L
- 5 5 ML 15-1 Longshadow A. Beschizza 118 Lbs K. Danner L
- 6 6 ML 10-1 Burninhunkoflove C. Hernandez 118 Lbs A. Stall, Jr. L
- 7 7 ML 5-2 Tejano Twist C. Landeros 118 Lbs C. Hartman $125,000 L
- 8 8 ML 2-1 Hoist the Gold T. Gaffalione 118 Lbs D. Stewart L
Selections 4-7-8 Rating
#4 Kavod-fast colt fought for the lead last out before finishing second to a repeat winner while coming off a 3 month layoff. He needed that one, adds blinkers – a 38% winning move for trainer Hartman and will be in it from the start.
#7 Tejano Twist-from the same barn as our top pick looks to have this race covered. If our top pick gets an easy lead he should win, if he is pressed and they set fast fractions up front this late runner will come running to get the money.
#8 Hoist the Gold-is coming off his best effort to date while finishing second at Saratoga and should be in the payoffs.