Parx Picks for todayEach day that Parx runs you can come here to get free Parx picks
FREE Parx Picks for Monday
Race 8Post: 4:04 PM ET Dirt
- # PP ODDS Horse (Last 3 Beyers) (sire – dam | dam sire) Jockey Weight Trainer Claim $ Med.
- 1 1 ML 4-1 Caramel Cream J. Garcia 117 Lbs J. Guerrero
- 2 2 ML 2-1 Jill Madden D. Haddock 121 Lbs M. Pino
- 3 3 ML 8-1 Donna’s Dunkirk A. Salgado 121 Lbs D. Curry
- 4 4 ML 6-1 Friday Mass L. Ocasio 121 Lbs R. Dandy
- 5 5 ML 12-1 Little Sister L. Rodriguez Castro 121 Lbs C. Reese
- 6 6 ML 15-1 Hola Princess J. Felix, Jr. 124 Lbs C. Soto
- 7 7 ML 20-1 Stay Special F. Pennington 121 Lbs W. Hedus
- 8 8 ML 3-1 Annika Gold L. Fuentes 114 Lbs A. Velazquez
- 9 9 ML 20-1 Case Dismissed A. Arroyo 121 Lbs A. Martinez
Free Parx Picks 8-2-1
Betting on horse racing can be fun and easy. There are several different wagers offered each race, but these are the three most basic:
- The first is a “win” wager. Betting a horse to win is just as fun as it sounds – the horse must win the race in order for you to win the wager.
- Next, is a “place” wager. This is betting on a horse to finish in the top 2. You win the wager if your horse finishes first or second.
- Betting a horse to “show” means selecting a horse who you think will finish in the top 3. You win the wager if your horse finishes first, second, or third.
Free Parx Picks
Because of the difficulty of a win wager, it will yield the highest payoff of these three wagers. A show wager will yield the lowest payoff but offers the greatest chance of winning.
The minimum bet for a win, place or show wager is only $2.
If you’ve mastered the art of win, place and show wagers, try an exacta. An exacta is more difficult than win, place and show wagers, but yields a higher payout. You bet an exacta by selecting a minimum two horses to finish first and second. These horses must finish first and second, in that order, for you to win the wager.
If picking two horses in order sounds too difficult, you can “box” your wager. A boxed wager will win if your horses finish 1st and 2nd, in any order, making it more likely for you to win.
The minimum bet for an exacta or exacta box wager is only $2.
If you’ve mastered the art of win, place and show wagers, try a trifecta. A trifecta is more difficult than win, place and show wagers, as well as exacta wagers, so it yields a higher payout than any of those bets.
You bet a trifecta by selecting a minimum three horses to finish first, second, and third. These horses must finish first, second, and third, in that exact order, for you to win the wager. Free Parx Picks
If picking three horses in order sounds too difficult you can “box” your wager. A boxed trifecta wager will win if your horses finish 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, in any order, making it more likely to win.
The minimum bet for a trifecta wager is only 50 cents and you can bet a trifecta box for as little as $3.
Free Parx Picks
If you’re a beginning bettor you probably want to place your bets at a mutuel window with a live mutuel teller before using self-service betting machines and mobile applications. Here’s what you should do when you get to the betting window:
- Have your money in hand, so that once you’re at the counter, you’re ready to make your bet
- State the track’s name
- State the race number you are betting on
- State the amount of money you are betting
- Say the type of bet you are placing
- Finally, state the horse’s program number
It should sound something like this, “Churchill Downs, Race 11, $2 to win on #4.” After you’ve handed the teller your money, make sure you take your betting ticket and store it in a safe, or lucky, place. If your bet wins, you’ll need to return to the betting window and give the teller your ticket to collect your winnings.